1. Install dependencies
2. Create Campaign directory
src/[client-name]/ (create client folder if client doesnât exist) to create your campaing folder.
3. Run bannertime
4. Run dev environment
Creating a New Banner
Copying a Banner
Minify the code, compress images, create backup images, and zip up the files for production.
Copy your published files to the clients folder. This will produce a link like /banners.amdevel.com/clients/kestra-financial/2018-campaign-mar
Publish your specific files
Go back to the root and run the command below. This will copy your "public" folder to the clients folder. Folders names must be identical.
- You CANNOT copy a banner in one format into anotherÂ format.
For example, if you have created a Sizmek banner, you cannot copy that banner and chooseÂ AdWords as the platform. You have to create a new banner with the new format.
- Use SVG & JPG.
SVG scales better than PNG because it is a vector format. This allows you to reuse graphics across banners reducing the amount of time creatingÂ assets. For images with a lot of colors (like a photograph) use JPG.
- Use percentages.
When you use percentages to set widths & heights, it makes copying banners easier allowing everything to scale proportionally.
- Maximum zipped workspace file size isÂ 153kb.
When banners are uploaded, Sizmek typically reads the file size as larger than the zip file appears on your computer. Keep your zipped file size under 153kb and you will beÂ good.
- Test before copying a banner.
When you have completed building the first banner, test that banner in the ad platform. Once you confirm there are no errors, then start copying. This will prevent you from copying a banner that has errors in it.
- Backup banner specs
- Max file size is 40kb
- Must include 1px border (preferably black).
We are using 516-605-0615 to generate our HTML5 banners and GreenSock for animations.
- Bannertime Documentation
- Bannertime Guides
- Bannertime Tutorial
- GreenSock Easing Visualizer
- GreenSock First Steps Tutorial
- There is currently a bug with the Preview page. When you click on a banner, it plays about 2s of the banner, then starts over. The owners of Bannertime are working on refactoring the Preview page and fixing this bug.